WHAT IS A COOKIE
A cookie is a small text file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognize and remember you. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive or tablet or mobile device. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to analyze its traffic and customize its content accordingly. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
COOKIE TYPES & HOW WE USE THEM
There are different types of cookies. First-party cookies come directly from the website you’re visiting and only that website can read them. Third-party cookies come from someone other than the owner of the website you’re visiting and the website has no control over them. Cookies can be stored for varying lengths of time on your browser or device. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device after your browser has been closed until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
Mainly the following varieties of cookies may operate on our website:
- Strictly Necessary/Essential cookies – These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request of services, such as setting your privacy preferences. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance/Analytical cookies – These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We also use third-party cookies to help with performance. For example, Google Analytics cookies give us information such as your journey between pages and whether you have downloaded anything; to know more about how it collects and processes data, you can visit this website: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Functionality/Preference cookies – These cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Targeting/Marketing cookies – These cookies may be set through our site by third parties (ie: advertising partners) who may use them to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
You can follow the instructions provided by your browser or device (usually located under “Settings” or “Preferences”) to control and modify your cookie settings. Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. These controls vary by browser, and manufacturers may change both the settings they make available and how they work at any time. Additional information about the controls offered by popular browsers can be found at the links below. Certain parts of our website may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookies.
- Google Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647)
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d)
- Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop)
- Safari (https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac)
- Safari Mobile (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265)
- Opera (https://blogs.opera.com/news/2015/08/how-to-manage-cookies-in-opera/)
COOKIE POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES